Fairtrade Group at Hillhead Primary
Welcome to Hillhead Primary Fairtrade information page.
Applications for Fairtrade Committee for 2018-2019 are now out. Presentations and voting will be taking place over the next two weeks. Good luck!
The Fairtrade Committee is made up of pupil representatives from P3 to P7 which is facilitated by school staff. Here at Hillhead Primary, we are committed to supporting, using and promoting Fair Trade.
We support Fair Trade in a number of ways:
- Our pupils wear 100% Fair Trade cotton polo shirts as part of our school uniform.
- We have a Fairtrade Committee, made up of pupils, parents and staff who meet regularly to discuss Fair Trade issues and plan events.
- We support The Fair Trade Foundation’s Fair Trade Fortnight.
- We regularly hold a Fair Trade Café for our parents.
- We participate in Fairtrade activities each year during Fairtrade Fortnight. (See our Fairtrade website for more information Hillhead Fairtrade website).
Fairtrade Fortnight involves the children participating in various activities to raise awareness of trade issues as part of their Global Citizenship Education.
We hold a Fairtrade assembly to kick start the fortnight, after which children will complete whole school/class activities.
We hold an annual Fairtrade Fayre which takes place within the fortnight. We also have our Fairtrade Cafe running which is organised by parents for parents.
During FairTrade Fortnight, we use interdisciplinary learning to teach our children the FairTrade message. For example:
- An in-school Fair Trade Fayre.
- Class activities raising awareness of Fair Trade.
- A Fair Trade Assembly.
- A whole school art project.
- Find out more at our website Hillhead Fairtrade website.