Site Policy as developed by Hillhead Primary School
We take the safety and privacy of everyone at Hillhead Primary school very seriously and our website will adhere to these guidelines:
- A senior member of staff will take overall editorial responsibility to ensure that the website content is accurate and quality of presentation is maintained.
- Uploading of information is restricted to users pre-approved by a senior member of staff.
- Most material is the school’s own work; where other’s work is published or linked to, we credit the sources used and state clearly the author’s identity or status, if they have asked us to do so. Copyright remains with the author at all times, whether ownership is stated or not.
- Home addresses or individual e-mail identities will never be published.
- No full names will be used on the website or on any attached documents, unless intrinsic to the content and approved by the individual (adults only). Children’s full names will never be published.
- Photographs published on the website will not have individual names attached (excluding official images of the senior team). Any large group shots with group names will be listed so as unidentifiable i.e. alphabetically.
- Photos of children will generally be group shots, although individual images may be occasionally used with permission.We will only use images of pupils in suitable dress. If you do not want photos of your child on the website please inform senior staff via the School Office.
- We do not use pupils’ names when saving images in the file names or in the <ALT> tags when publishing to the school website.
- Text written by pupils will always be reviewed before publishing on the school website. The work will include only the first name of a pupil. Pupils work will be checked to make sure that it doesn’t contain any statements that could be deemed defamatory.
- Care will be taken when mentioning future external school events so that the whereabouts of children cannot be pinpointed when they are outside the school grounds. For instance, if a date is given for a school trip then the location will not be mentioned or vice versa.
Copyright and Disclaimer Statements as per Glasgow City Council
By viewing or accessing this site, you are acknowledging your agreement to the following statements:
- Unless otherwise stated or acknowledged, copyright and similar rights in all material presented on this web-site, including graphical images, is owned by Hillhead Primary School. Photographs supplied by third parties remain copyright of the producer;
- All information relating to a third-party is for the purpose of providing the end-user with relevant information regarding the third-party and is not considered to be the intellectual property of Hillhead Primary School;
- You have limited permission to print or download extracts from these pages for your personal non-commercial use only;
- No part of this web-site, inclusive of all text and images and all other files, may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other web-site, nor may any of its pages or part thereof be disseminated in any electronic or non-electronic form, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior permission;
- You may not create a database in an electronic or other form by downloading and storing all or any part of the pages from this site without our prior written consent save as expressly authorised by an agreement in writing between us;
- Any copies of the pages of this web-site that you save to disk or to any other storage system or medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use.
Links to Third Party Sites
This web-site contains links to the sites of third-party information providers. The information provided by these web-sites or subsequent linked web-sites is not within our control and is therefore not the responsibility of Hillhead Primary School. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the web-site by us.
- Hillhead Primary School makes every effort to provide accurate and current information on this website. However, it does not give any warranty or representation of any kind with respect to the site or its contents, including warranties in respect of the accuracy, completeness, appropriateness or currency of the information on the web-site.
- End-users should check with the relevant learning providers and other organisations represented on the web-site that information relating to them is accurate and current.
- To the fullest extent permitted at law neither Hillhead Primary School or its employees or children and young people will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this web-site.
Copyright © Hillhead Primary School. All rights reserved.